ReStore Associate – Part-Time
ReStore Associate — Part-Time
Status: Part-time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reports to: ReStore Sales Floor Manager
Direct Reports: None
Rate of Pay: Starts at $15.00/hour up to $18.00/hour
The Habitat for Humanity ReStore is a nonprofit home improvement store and donation center that sells new and gently used furniture, appliances, building materials, and more to the public at discounted prices to further support Habitat for Humanity’s mission. ReStore associates are responsible for executing the day-to-day operations of this unique retail environment. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and highly adaptable. This employee must be a team player who possesses an others-first, can-do mindset and the ability to carry out daily assignments that may change abruptly. This is an opportunity for a positive, hardworking individual to support Habitat’s mission of building homes, communities, and hope. The ideal candidate should exemplify Habitat’s core values of Faithful, Thoughtful, Sustainable, Collaborative, and Transformative.
- Execute all aspects of the daily retail operation including donation acceptance, processing/stocking merchandise, sales, POS, and loading/unloading merchandise
- Provide superior service to customers, volunteers, and donors
- Adhere to and hold others accountable for safety protocols, policies, and procedures
- Ensure consistent quality and cleanliness of merchandise and facility
- Other duties as assigned to support Habitat’s mission.
- Possess strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills; self-motivated, adaptable, and detail-oriented individual.
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others with a wide range of skills and abilities required.
- Must be reliable and mindful of attendance and punctuality.
- Effective communication, math, and language skills are essential.
- Professional attitude and appearance are required.
- Must be comfortable with the use of technology and able to operate/maintain iPad-based POS (cash register) with proficiency.
- General knowledge of building materials and resale values is a plus.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, perform heavy manual tasks, stand or walk for a full workday, and be capable of performing outside duties under all weather conditions.
- The ability to move and handle furniture, appliances, and fixtures, which will require bending and lifting is necessary.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Fort Wayne is firmly committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.