ReStore Donation Ambassador
ReStore Donation Ambassador (Light Truck Driver)
Status: Full Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reports to: ReStore Logistics Manager
Direct Reports: None
Rate of Pay: Starts at $15.00/hour – Up to $24.00/hour
The Habitat for Humanity ReStore is a nonprofit home improvement store and donation center specializing in the sale of new and donated products at reduced prices. ReStore Donation Ambassadors are the most visible and personable components of the ReStore, with a public role that must uphold the reputation and standard of Habitat for Humanity of Greater Fort Wayne. ReStore Donation Ambassadors must have an others-first, can-do attitude and be adaptable to ever-changing tasks in a fast-paced environment. Though the ReStore utilizes job titles in the hiring process, the nature of day-to-day operations of the ReStore demands a certain amount of proficiency in all the functions for all the employees. For example, if the Donation Driver does not have a full day on the road, then he/she will be asked to help in receiving, processing, sales floor, or cashier positions. Every position in the ReStore allows many great opportunities to generate positive public relations for Habitat for Humanity of Greater Fort Wayne. The ideal candidate has a donor-first focus and attention to detail as they help to further the mission of building homes, communities, and hope.
Operate, or ride along on donation pick-ups using a 16ft or 22ft box truck in an efficient, safe manner in residential, commercial, and interstate areas.
- Prepare truck and supplies needed for pick-ups, and ensure the trucks are clean and safe.
- Effectively screen and efficiently schedule donation pick-ups on multiple truck schedules.
- Educate callers about all things ReStore including donation acceptance parameters, reasoning, and mission.
- Execute all aspects of the daily retail operation including donation acceptance, processing/stocking merchandise, sales, POS, and loading/unloading merchandise.
- Provide superior service to customers, volunteers, and donors.
- Adhere to and hold others accountable to ReStore safety protocol, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure consistent quality and cleanliness of merchandise and facility.
- Other duties as assigned to support Habitat’s mission.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Operate forklift and all Habitat vehicles safely.
- Ability to read maps and follow GPS directions.
- Willingness to work in a team-focused, positive environment.
- Able to take instructions and find answers to questions.
- Effective communication, math, and language skills with a preferred emphasis on donor experience.
- Professional attitude and appearance. • Operate/maintain iPad-based POS (cash register) with proficiency and good overall computer skills.
- Able to work alongside staff/volunteers with a wide range of skills and abilities.
- General knowledge of building materials and resale values is a plus.
- Adaptability and attitude are key. Must effectively move from one task to another while maintaining a can-do attitude.
- Knowledge of the greater Fort Wayne area, including street routes, and neighborhoods preferred.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, perform heavy manual tasks, stand or walk for a full workday, and be capable of performing outside duties under all weather conditions.
- The ability to move and handle furniture, appliances, and fixtures, which will require bending and lifting is necessary.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Fort Wayne is firmly committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.